Kellogg is donating foods and funds in communities all over the globe.
More and more people around the world are quarantined and some communities are instituting mandates to “shelter in place.” Many businesses and schools have closed. In the face of this crisis, many of our vulnerable neighbors need food.
As always, through our global Kellogg’s® Better Days purpose platform, we help deliver critical nourishment to families when they need it most. For example, in the U.S. alone, our partner, No Kid Hungry, estimates that kids missed more than 101 million meals this week.
That’s why we’ve further increased our donations to coronavirus relief efforts. Our company and its charitable funds have now committed nearly $4 million in food and funds to our Better Days partners that support communities worldwide, including areas with school closures where kids rely on breakfast clubs and school meals. For example:
- Globally, we’ve donated to the Global FoodBanking Network, supporting food banks across Europe, Asia and Latin America;
- In the U.S., we’ve donated to Feeding America and the United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region;
- Across Europe, we’re making incremental food and cash donations to food banks;
- In Canada, we’re supporting Food Banks Canada and Breakfast Club Canada;
- And in Asia, we’ve provided food donations, including in South Korea.
We’re continuing to assess needs and determining where we can best support relief efforts across the globe. We will provide updated information about our efforts as it is available.
Our partners need your help
In every region, our food bank partners are stretched to their limits. One food bank we spoke to needs 32,000 more food boxes each week to meet the local needs. And that’s just in one community. With their strong networks of volunteers quarantined or sheltering in place, food banks are also having to hire drivers to deliver food.
If you would like to join Kellogg in donating to help feed people in need, we recommend:
- Donating to the Global FoodBanking Network. Every $1 donated helps it distribute 15 meals to people in food-insecure communities.
- Donating to support Feeding America’s efforts in communities across the U.S.
Or, if you have Kellogg’s Family Rewards points, visit the website to learn how you can donate them to Feeding America to help feed people in need.